OverviewWe are pleased to announce the International Workshop on Multi facets of Eos and Clustering IWM-EC 2014 that will be held in Catania, Italy, on May 6th - 9th 2014.
This is a renewed edition of the IWM workshop (International Workshop on Multifragmentation and Related Topics), organized by the CHIMERA and INDRA Collaborations over the past ten years.
The IWM-EC 2014 will address open questions in the domain of nuclear dynamics and thermodynamics with a renewed special emphasis of clustering phenomena and their implications on dynamics and spectroscopy.
The scientific program will thus have dedicated sessions to outline recent progress on both experimental and theoretical aspects of the following topics:
- Dynamics and structure in heavy-ion collisions with stable and radioactive beams
- Correlations and clustering phenomena
- Isospin effects in nuclear reactions
- Exploring nuclear symmetry energy
- Nuclear thermodynamics with isospin degrees of freedom
- New experimental tools and detection techniques
The format of the workshop includes overview invited review talks, oral contributed presentation and posters. PhD students and postdocs are strongly encouraged to participate.
For more information see the circulars.