Student Grants to support the attendance of the LEAPS2020 Conference will be available for selected students.
Master and PhD students are eligible for this grant that will cover the hotel and travel expenses up to 500 € and grant the full registration fee.
Those wishing to apply should tick the appropriate box in the Application Form to be filled by January 31st, 2020, and should send by email two documents to email@example.com:
- a short informal application letter addressed to the Chairs of the Organizing Committee, (1) indicating your motivation for the conference, (2) including the name of your tutor and his confirmation by signature on the document (or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- a CV - please clearly specify the year of the achievement of your Master/PhD.
The decision about the requested grants will be made known to the applicants by the end of February 2020. The evaluation committee will decide if supported students are expected to present a poster or a talk on their work.
The student grant covers:
- Hotel costs for students staying from 24 to 29. May 2020 (5 nights) sharing a double room. NO extra nights will be covered. Students with additional nights are requested to pay them directly to the Hotel desk when they check out.
- Conference Fee
- The Conference BUS cost (100,00€ for return trip, 50,00€ single transfer) will be deducted from the total refund of the travel costs if reserved.
- Travel costs up to 500,00€ (travel costs will be reimbursed - please purchase your tickets and carefully read the information below).
For their travel, students are requested to buy travel tickets by themselves in advance and provide a copy of the invoice addressed to them. The invoice is mandatory to get the reimbursement.
Procedure: For student's travel reimbursement, the student in person must come to the Conference secretariat office at the workshop and fill out a form sheet. Office hours will be announced at the conference.
Students need to provide for us:
- Original travel tickets (bus, ferry, flight, etc.) and the invoice for purchase (for flights - with the student’s name on it)
- Taxi costs are covered only if departure/arrival time is before 6:00 am or after 23:00 pm.
- Visa receipts (if needed)
- For students from countries outside the Euro Monetary Union, we will need to take a copy of ID with home address if available (it is a mandatory request by the bank).
By applying for the Student Grant you agree to the processing of your personal data for the whole administrative procedure.