LEAPS Conference buses will connect the conference site (La Biodola Bay, Elba Island, Italy) to Roma Airport - "Leonardo da Vinci" (FCO) - and to Pisa Airport "Galileo Galilei" (PSA) on the dates of start and end of the Conference. Ferry tickets are included in the rate, Conference Secretariat will buy them for reserved bus seats. Participants are kindly request to reserve bus seat/s through the Registration Form. Companions can use the conference bus for free.
The Fee will cover : Welcome cocktail, lunches, dinners, cheese and wine (poster session), coffee breaks, buses and ferry tickets (transfer) and gadget.
You can reach the LEAPS2022 Conference venue in the following ways:
- By plane to Pisa or Roma Fiumicino airport, and then using the meeting buses provided.
- By train to Piombino Marittima, ferry-boat to Portoferraio. A meeting shuttle will be available upon request to connect participants to the meeting site from the Portoferraio harbour.
- By car to Piombino, ferry-boat to Portoferraio, a short drive to La Biodola (10km). Since parking is limited at the Hotel Hermitage, we encourage participants to use the meeting buses as much as possible.
Conference buses will connect the LEAPS2022 Conference site to Roma Airport "Leonardo da Vinci" (FCO) - and to Pisa Airport "Galileo Galilei" (PSA). Here is the final schedule:
Sunday, May 15: destination Hotel Hermitage (La Biodola Bay, Elba Island, Italy)
- from Roma Fiumicino airport at 1:00 p.m.
The meeting point for participants is at the Arrivals area -Terminal 3 (after baggage claim) in front of the exit door Nr. 1.
- from Pisa airport at 2:30 p.m.
The meeting point for participants is at the International Arrivals gate, in the main hall of the airport (see the map)
There will be somebody of the Organizing Committee waiting for you at the meeting points about one hour before the conference bus departure (details on name and mobile phone numbers will be provided by e-mail).
Friday, May 20: origin Hotel Hermitage (La Biodola Bay, Elba Island, Italy)
- to Roma Fiumicino airport at 7:00 a.m. (expected arrival at 1:00 p.m.)
- to Pisa airport at 7:00 a.m. (expected arrival at 11:00 a.m.)
The LEAPS LoC strongly suggest to book a flight for your return from FCO airport with departure time after 3:30 p.m.
(Please note that due to the pandemic situation and new last minute arrangements, something about the meeting point in the Airport may change. We will advise you as much as possible. But check this section until the last moment).
General Travel Information
For general information on Isola d'Elba, you can consult Elbalink. A map is also available (click here for a zoom).
Useful links to the main airports to reach Isola d'Elba:
Pisa "Galileo Galilei"
Firenze "A. Vespucci" (Peretola)
Roma "Leonardo da Vinci" (Fiumicino)
Piombino Marittima station is located just across the road from the harbor so you can easily transfer to the ferry-boat.
Companies operating from Piombino to Portoferraio:
Directions to reach Isola d'Elba from various locations:
Milan static version - Google Maps version
Florence static version - Google Maps version
Rome static version - Google Maps version
How to reach la Biodola by car from Portoferraio (click here for the Google Maps version).