The XVI edition of the Workshop on Particle Correlations and Femtoscopy and the IV edition of the Resonance Workshop will be held in Catania (Italy) on November 6-10, 2023.
The joint workshop event is organized by the Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN), Sezione di Catania (CT) and Laboratori Nazionali del Sud (LNS), together with the Physics and Astronomy Department “E. Majorana” of the University of Catania and the Technische Universität Münchhen (TUM).
The meeting, following the tradition of previous editions, is meant to gather a community of nuclear and particle physicists working on particle-particle correlations for both femtoscopy (historically known as HBT or intensity interferometry) and resonance production and decay studies in elementary and nucleus-nucleus collisions with both stable and radioactive beams.
These topics will be discussed within the context of investigations carried on at the low/intermediate beam energy regime, with experiments at FRIB, GANIL, GSI/FAIR, LNL, LNS, RIKEN, and at the relativistic/ultrarelativistic energies reached at RHIC, LHC, Jefferson Lab, SuperKEKB.
- Femtoscopy in A-A, p-A and p-p collisions
- Charge fluctuations and charge balance functions
- Correlations from conservation laws, flows, vorticity and fluctuating initial conditions
- Equation of state, phase coexistence, clustering and critical phenomena in heavy-ion collisions
- Symmetry energy and nuclear transport effects on correlations
- Femtoscopy and time-scales in intermediate and low energy collisions
- Statistical methods and Bayesian analysis of data and models
- Invariant-mass spectroscopy, resonances and clusters in nuclear reactions with radioactive and stable beams
- Mesonic and baryonic resonances in e-e, p-p, p-A and A-A collisions
- Exotic resonances and candidates
- Innovative methods to identify (rare) resonances
- Dilepton resonances in particle and nuclear physics
- Chirality: dileptonic and hadronic resonance decays
- Final state interactions studies with femtoscopy