The 7th International Conference on Collective Motion in Nuclei under Extreme Conditions (COMEX7 ) will be held in 2023 in Catania, Italy from June 11, 2023 (Sunday) to June 16, 2023 (Friday).
The conference is hosted by the Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, Sezione di Catania e Sezione di Milano in collaboration with the Università degli Studi di Milano and the Dipartimento di Fisica e Astronomia "Ettore Majorana" of Catania University.
The Conference will be held in person in Catania at the Dipartimento di Fisica e Astronomia “Ettore Majorana” of Catania University.
The COMEX conferences are a continuation of the long series of topical conferences on giant resonances started in 1979. The scope of COMEX7 will be similar to that of the previous ones:
- COMEX1, held in Paris (France) in 2003,
- COMEX2, held in Sankt Goar (Germany) in 2006,
- COMEX3, held in Michigan (US) in 2009 and
- COMEX4, held in Kanagawa (Japan) in 2012
- COMEX5, held in Krakow (Poland) in 2015
- COMEX6, held in Cape Town (South Africa) in 2018
The main topics of COMEX7 conference are:
- Giant resonances in cold and hot nuclei,
- Collective and new excitation modes in nuclei,
- Spin and isospin modes,
- Clustering and pairing effects in excitations,
- Studies of the decay of highly excited states,
- Collective excitations and the nuclear equation of state,
- Applications in astrophysics,
- Novel instrumentation and methods.
On behalf of the Local Organizing Committee