Venue and travel information
The ET - Site Studies and Characterization workshop will be held in Nuoro (Sardinia, Italy), within the cultural center ExMè (http://www.exmenuoro.it/), 30 km away from the Sos Enattos Mine, one of the candidate sites of Einstein Telescope.
Sardinia has three airports:
- The main one is Cagliari airport (CAG), 180 km from the ET meeting venue. The connections available from/to Cagliari are listed here:
- The airport closest to Orosei is Olbia (OLB), 110 km. It offers several international connections, mainly in the summer season. Connections are available here:
- The third airport is Alghero (AHO), 140 km, mainly with national connections. The connections of the Alghero airport are listed here:
You can reach Nuoro from the three airports by bus, by train or by renting a car.
You can also arrive by ship at the port of Olbia, Cagliari or Porto Torres.
Possible hotels and B&B around the cultural center:
- Hotel Sandalia: https://www.hotelsandalia.com/en/
- Euro Hotel: https://www.eurohotelnuoro.it/en/
- Felix Hotel, Residence Grandi Magazzini: https://www.felixhotels.it/en/residence-grandi-magazzini-nuoro/
- Hotel Grillo: https://www.grillohotel.it/en
- Terry'S House Hotel: https://terry-s-house-nuoro-sardinia.hotelmix.it/
- Nughe 'e' Oro Guesthouse Homestay: https://www.nugheoro.it/index.php?nomobile=1
Restaurant in Nuoro
Possible restaurants and pizzerias around the cultural center:
- Ristorante pizzeria Montiblu (piazza Sebastiano Satta)
- BUN paninoteca (via Solferino)
- Piano B bistrò (via XX settembre)
- Ristorante Il Portico (via Mons. Bua)
- Ristorante il Rifugio (via Mereu)
- Shibuya ristorante Giapponese (via San Francesco).
- Hosteria pizzeria da Massimo (via Ugo Foscolo)
- Panelentu ristorante (via delle Grazie)
- Ristorante pizzeria Tascusi (via Aspromonte)
- Ristorante pizzeria Ciusa (via Francesco Ciusa)
- Punto Pizza, pizzeria e grigliate (via Deffenu)
- La Bottega della Pizza (Via Alagon)
EXTRAORDINARY MEASURES TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF THE CORONAVIRUS
In order to ensure the utmost in health safety standards and guarantee the serenity of a safe journey to all passengers, travel companies will take temperature readings before passengers board. Anyone with a temperature over 37.5 ° C will not be allowed to board.
It will be necessary to present the green pass at boarding, certifying one of the following requirements:
complete vaccination (double dose, if required) made at least 14 days before, or the first dose of vaccine made at least 15 days before departure
healing from COVID-19 occurred within 6 months of the departure date, with simultaneous termination of the prescribed isolation following SARS-CoV-2 infection
negative certificate of molecular or antigenic test carried out within 48 hours before departure
The legislation applies to passengers aged 12 and over.
The obligation of the COVID-19 green certification does not apply to subjects exempt from vaccination for health reasons. The latter must present to the carrier at the time of check-in appropriate medical certification of exemption issued by the vaccinating doctors of the vaccination services of the companies and bodies of the regional health services or by the general practitioners who work in the context of the national anti-SARS vaccination campaign -CoV-2, according to the procedures defined by the Circular of Ministry of Health on 4th August 2021.
Citizens who have received the ReiThera vaccine (one or two doses) as part of the Covitar trial must instead submit the certification issued by the doctor in charge of the trial center in which it was carried out.