Information for participants in relation to coronavirus restrictions
Coronavirus restrictions must be carefully taken into account by all participants as they may affect their ability to travel to Varenna and to access the conference building. Here are some instructions on what to do before leaving.
1) If travelling from outside Italy please check the requirements to enter Italy from your country.
2) If travelling by air or by long distance train please check the requirements of your airline/train company.
3) Facial masks without exhalation valve will be needed in most places once in Italy: make sure you bring enough masks with you. Masks with valves are not allowed.
4) From September 1st a Digital COVID Certificate or “green pass” will be required to access many places including restaurants, theatres and conference centres. Hotels and local trains do not require a Digital COVID Certificate. Therefore you will need the certificate to access Villa Monastero and to eat inside restaurants.
How to get a Digital COVID Certificate:
1) EU citizens and residents need their Digital COVID Certificate issued and verified across the EU.
2) Non EU citizens can get information on how to get their COVID certificate at https://www.salute.gov.it/portale/nuovocoronavirus/dettaglioContenutiNuovoCoronavirus.jsp?lingua=english&id=5412&area=nuovoCoronavirus&menu=vuoto