BOOST 2024 is the 16th conference of a series of successful joint theory/experiment workshops that bring together the world's leading experts from theory and LHC/RHIC experiments to discuss the latest progress and develop new approaches on the reconstruction of and use of jet substructure to study Quantum Chromodynamics (QCD) and look for physics beyond the Standard Model.
This year's edition is jointly organised by Dipartimento di Fisica, Università di Genova, and Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN) - Sezione di Genova. The conference will cover the following topics:
- Searches for new particles (phenomenology and experiment)
- QCD calculations and measurements in vacuum or in medium from any collision system
- Jet reconstruction and calibration
- Other aspects of hadronic final state reconstruction, such as pileup mitigation
- New observables and techniques, including machine learning
- Studies related to future colliders