The international school, organised by the Italian Society of General Relativity and Gravitation (SIGRAV), aims at providing robust and deep knowledge of Cosmology in the context of General Relativity and its possible modifications, with particular attention to phenomenological consequences and observations. The School is based on four courses and two lectures focused on specific topics:
- Early Universe, Inflation and Primordial Gravitational Waves: Mairi Sakellariadou (King’s College)
- Observational perspectives for the Cosmic Microwave Background: Paolo de Bernardis (Sapienza Univ. di Roma)
- Neutrino Cosmology and Dark Matter: Massimiliano Lattanzi (INFN)
- Modified gravity cosmology: Emmanuel Saridakis (National Observatory of Athens)
- Machine learning in cosmology (focused talk): Nicoletta Krachmalnicoff (SISSA)
- Cosmic Microwave Background phenomenology (focused talk), Erminia Calabrese (University of Cardiff)
- The School is intended for PhD students and young post-docs. Students are requested to attend all lectures and seminars. Whoever may be interested in attending the School and is not entitled - for his age or other reasons - to be considered a student, may follow the courses as observer.
- Applicants (both students and observers) will receive confirmation of receipt of fees payment by SIGRAV, which involves confirmation of their admission to the courses, within 20 days from the beginning of each course.
- Students are required to arrive in Vietri the day before the school starts. Since the courses start on Monday morning, students should arrive on Sunday.
- Accommodation for the students will be provided in single or shared rooms with 2 or 3 beds in Loyd's Baia Hotel. The students must provide to fill the hotel form (see the section Practical Info of this web site) and indicate which colleagues they wish to share the room with. The hotel will not arrange room sharing unless a colleague's name is indicated. If candidates wish to be put in contact with other school participants to share the room, they can write to the LOC.
- Breakfast and lunch will be organized by the School in the same hotel, as included in the fees. Dinner is free.
- Fees should be paid by students and observers following the instruction, with no difference in procedure or fee amount.
The school will be held in Vietri sul Mare, located 3 km far from Salerno and considered the gateway to the Amalfi Coast. For generations the inhabitants of this lovely seaside town have been producing precious porcelain.
Vietri can be reached in one hour, by bus/train from Naples Airport and in three hours from Rome Airport. Short rides, by bus/train take to Positano, Sorrento, Herculaneum, Pompei, Paestum, Vesuvius or, by boat, to the islands of Capri, Ischia, Procida.