The school, organised by the Italian Society of General Relativity and Gravitation (SIGRAV), aims at providing robust and deep knowledge of General Relativity and its possible modifications, with particular attention to phenomenological consequences in astrophysics and in cosmology.
- The School is intended for PhD students and young post-docs. Students are requested to attend all lectures and seminars.
- Whoever may be interested in attending the Course and is not entitled - for his age or other reasons - to be considered a student, may follow the Course as observer.
- Applicants will be informed of the decision on their admittance within 20 days from the beginning of each Course.
- Students are requested to arrive at Vietri respectively on the indicated arrival days. Accommodation for the students will be provided in shared rooms with 2 or 3 beds in Loyd's Baia Hotel, provided that they have filled the hotel form (see the section Practical Info of this web site). Breakfast and lunch will be organized by the School in the same hotel. Dinner is free.
- Fees should be paid by students and observers following the instruction.
The school will be held in Vietri sul Mare, located 3 km far from Salerno and considered the gateway to the Amalfi Coast. For generations the inhabitants of this lovely seaside town have been producing precious porcelain.
Vietri can be reached in one hour, by bus/train from Naples Airport and in three hours from Rome Airport. Short rides, by bus/train take to Positano, Sorrento, Herculaneum, Pompei, Paestum, Vesuvius or, by boat, to the islands of Capri, Ischia, Procida.