- Target cooling.
- High power beams (with cyclotrons or RFQ/ESQ or other accelerators).
- BNCT (boron neutron capture therapy).
- Isotope preparation.
- Spectra of neutrons (epithermal, thermal, few MeV, or other).
The scope of the workshop covers:
- comparison of liquid targets and strongly cooled solid targets, cooling by liquid metals, safety of target in relation to site;
- design of target for BNCT optimized spectra, spectra peaked to low energy neutron, neutron moderator;
- production of medical isotopes with accelerators, BNCT applications, high power beam accelerators;
- other applications of Accelerator based neutron production, including SEE (Single Event Effects) radiation damage studies in electronics and detectors calibration, Gen-IV-reactor-like neutron spectrum emulators for nuclear transmutation studies and integral cross section measurements, material science application, neutron sources for art and heritages investigations.