We are glad to announce the organisation of the 10th International Symposium on Nuclear Symmetry Energy.
The event is organized and supported by the Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN), Sezione di Catania and Laboratori Nazionali del Sud.
The symposium will address experimental and theoretical investigations of the equation of state of asymmetric nuclear matter. Such investigations include efforts in nuclear structure, nuclear reactions and heavy-ion collisions, as well as in astrophysical observations of compact stars and associated phenomena (neutron stars and core collapse supernovae, among others). Significant implications of gravitational wave signals, astro-particle physics and neutrino observations will be discussed. Students and postdocs are especially encouraged to participate and contribute to the scientific sessions of the symposium.
Topics of the NuSym conference:
- Nuclear Equation of State (EoS) and Symmetry Energy in laboratory experiments and in astrophysical observations
- Nuclear structure and dynamics
- Structure and clustering of nuclear systems and matter under extreme conditions
- Physics of compact stars
- Isospin dependence of the nuclear interaction
- Relevance of gravitational waves and astro-particle experiments on the EoS of nuclear matter
- Nucleosynthesis phenomena in isospin asymmetric matter
- Supernovae neutrinos and the EoS of the neutrinosphere
- Astro-particle experiments
- Future investigations at existing and future accelerator facilities
- Transport model simulations of HIC
- New detector developments