The conference “TRDs for the third Millennium - 5th Workshop on Advanced Transition Radiation Detectors for Accelerator and Space Applications” will be held in Ostuni (BR), Italy from September 14, 2020 to September 18, 2020.
The conference is organized by the Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN) di Bari, Università degli Studi di Bari and Politecnico di Bari.
Aim of the conference is to discuss the applications of TRDs in the current and future accelerator and cosmic-ray experiments, as well as to give an overview of the modern trends of the advanced particle detector developments.
The sessions of the workshop will cover the following topics:
- Developments of particle identification techniques;
- Experience and results obtained with TRDs in the running accelerator and cosmic-ray experiments;
- Recent developments of TRDs;
- Advancements in the theory of transition radiation;
- Tools for the simulations of TRDs;
- Advancements in the X-ray detection techniques and electronics;
- Proposals of new experiments where TRDs will play a relevant role.