You can reach the BEAUTY2018 Conference venue in the following ways:
- By plane to Pisa or Roma airports, and then using the meeting buses provided.
- By train to Piombino Marittima, ferry-boat to Portoferraio. A shuttle bus will be available upon request to connect the workshop site and Portoferraio harbour.
- By car to Piombino, ferry-boat to Portoferraio, a short drive to La Biodola (10km). Since parking is limited at the Hotel Hermitage, we encourage participants to use the meeting buses as much as possible.
Sunday, May 6th: destination Hotel Hermitage
from Roma airport "L. Da Vinci" at 14:00
The meeting point for participants is at the Information Point of Terminal 3;
from Pisa airport "G. Galilei" at 15:30
The meeting point for participants is at the Arrival in the main hall of the airport (map).
Saturday, May 12th: origin Hotel Hermitage
- to Roma airport "L. Da Vinci" at 6:30 (expected arrival at 12:30)
- to Pisa airport "G. Galilei" at 6:30 (expected arrival at 10:30)
General Travel Information
For general information on Isola d'Elba, you can consult Elbalink. A map is also available (click here for the Google Maps version and here for a zoom).
Useful links to the relevant airports to reach Isola d'Elba:
Roma "Leonardo da Vinci" (Fiumicino)
Pisa "Galileo Galilei"
Piombino Marittima station is located just across the road from the harbour so you can easily transfer to the ferry-boat.
Companies operating from Piombino to Portoferraio:
You can determine the best route to reach la Biodola from any location using ViaMichelin.