You can reach the Conference venue in the following ways:
Conference buses will connect the Conference site to Roma Airport - "Leonardo da Vinci" (FCO). Below you find a preliminary schedule:
- By plane Roma Fiumicino airport, and then using the meeting bus provided.
- By train to Piombino Marittima, ferry-boat to Portoferraio. A meeting shuttle will be available upon request to connect participants to the meeting site from the Portoferraio harbour.
- By car to Piombino, ferry-boat to Portoferraio, a short drive to La Biodola (10km). Since parking is limited at the Hotel Hermitage, we encourage participants to use the meeting buses as much as possible.
Tuesday, June 5th: destination Hotel Hermitage
There will be somebody of the Organizing Committee waiting for you at the meeting point about one hour before the meeting bus departure.
- from Roma airport "L. Da Vinci" at 11:00
The meeting point for participants is in the Terminal 3 arrivals area, in front of the Information point exiting the baggage claim area (map).
Saturday, June 9th: origin Hotel Hermitage
- to Roma airport "L. Da Vinci" at 6:30 (expected arrival at 12:30)
General Travel Information
For general information on Isola d'Elba, you can consult Elbalink. A map is also available (click here for the Google Maps version and here for a zoom).
Useful links to the relevant airports to reach Isola d'Elba:
Roma "Leonardo da Vinci" (Fiumicino)
Piombino Marittima station is located just across the road from the harbor so you can easily transfer to the ferry-boat.
Companies operating from Piombino to Portoferraio:
You can determine the best route to reach la Biodola from any location using: ViaMichelin