Participants staying at hotels in the historical part of Como can enjoy a walk along the Lake shore, across the Villa Olmo park (~35' walk). For those using public transportations, there's a very practical web site (http://www.sptlinea.it/en-us/lineeeorari/ricercaitinerario.aspx), Google-map interfaced, to guide you from where you are to the Villa; unfortunately the site has no English version but I'm sure you will be able to use it anyway. For car drivers: in the Villa, there's a parking place. Parking in town may be difficult and it is better to arrange it with the hotel.
- there's a wide choice of hotels and B&B in Como; generally speaking, they are a bit expensive and May is peak touristic season, so I would avoid last minute reservations. There are 2 hotels having special fares with my University: Albergo Firenze (http://www.hotelfirenzecomo.it/) and Hotel Larius (http://www.hlarius.it/); both reasonably good quality hotels, the former having the advantage of being in the city centre. You can make the arrangement on your own, quoting the fact you will be guests at Universita' dell'Insubria (in case of problems, just let me know).
- because of the Villa location, you might want to consider staying in Cernobbio, a nice village on the Lake.
- arrival at Milano-Linate airport: by bus to Stazione Centrale (main railway station) in Milano, then by train to Como S.Giovanni
- arrival at Milano-Malpensa airport: by regional train to Saronno ( Malpensa Express train), then to Como Lago
- arrival at the Lugano airport: no other reasonable choice than renting a car...
- By train: it is very likely you will be arriving to Como S.Giovanni; from there, buses (check the timetable at the link provided above) and taxis are available
- By car: likely you will be arriving driving on the A9 highway; if so, the proper exit is COMO SUD. Your navigator or GoogleMap can be more effective than me to guide you to the target...
The workshop is sponsored by I.N.F.N. , Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare
- Massimo.Caccia@uninsubria.it (mobile: +39 347 2523167)
- Lorenza.Paolucci@uninsubria.it (mobile: + 39 328 2159795)