You can reach the GWADW 2011 Workshop site in the following ways:
- By plane to Pisa or Rome airports, and then using the meeting buses provided.
- By train to Piombino Marittima, ferry-boat to Portoferraio. A meeting shuttle will be available upon request to connect participants to the meeting site from the Portoferraio harbour.
- By car to Piombino, ferry-boat to Portoferraio, a short drive to La Biodola (10km). Since parking is limited at the Hotel Hermitage, we encourage participants to use the meeting buses as much as possible.
Sunday, May 22th: destination Hotel Hermitage
- from Roma airport "L. Da Vinci" at 14:00
The meeting point for participants is at the International Arrivals terminal, in the hall located in front of the baggage claim area (see the map)
- from Pisa airport "G. Galilei" at 15:30
The meeting point for participants is at the International Arrivals gate, in the main hall of the airport (see the map)
- to Roma airport "L. Da Vinci" at 6:00 (expected arrival at 12:00)
- to Pisa airport "G. Galilei" at 6:00 (expected arrival at 10:00)
There will be somebody of the Organizing Committee waiting for you about at the meeting points about one hour before the workshop bus departure.
General Travel Information
For general information on Isola d'Elba, you can consult Elbalink. A map is also available (click here for the Google Maps version and here for a zoom).
Useful links to the main airports to reach Isola d'Elba:
Roma "Leonardo da Vinci" (Fiumicino)
Pisa "Galileo Galilei"
Firenze "A. Vespucci" (Peretola)
Deutsche Bahn train finder
Piombino Marittima station is located just across the road from the harbor so you can easily transfer to the ferry-boat.
Timetable (in Italian only): Piombino -> Portoferraio and Portoferraio -> Piombino
Companies operating from Piombino to Portoferraio:
Directions to reach Isola d'Elba from various locations:
Milan static version - Google Maps version
Florence static version - Google Maps version
Rome static version - Google Maps version
How to reach la Biodola by car from Portoferraio (click here for the Google Maps version)