How to reach Roma City Center from Fiumicino Airport?
From Fiumicino Airport to Roma City Center there are two different train connections (the former is torwards Termini station and the latter is torwards Tiburtina station):
- Leonardo Express (fast connection, no-stop) destination "Roma Termini" (Central Train Station), the fare is Euro 14.00;
- FL1 metropolitan service with intermediate stops ("Roma Tiburtina" is stop n. 10). The fare is Euro 8.00. WARNING: displayed train destinations are usually not "Roma" but "Fara Sabina" or "Orte".
This document is an official communication distributed by Comune di Roma (Roma City Council). It reports rules for taxis fares (valid since July 2012). Fixed fares have been established for journeys form/to airports (both Fiumicino and Ciampino) towards fixed destinations. The document is in Italian, English and Spanish.
How to reach us? (map)
2. From "Tiburtina" station, by bus "71" or "492" (same route) or by walking ca. 20 minutes.
Other lines passing by "La Sapienza" University are:
- bus: 163, 310, 448, 545, 649;
- tram: 3, 19;
- metro B ("Policlinico" or "Castro Pretorio" stops).
Public transport (bus + tram + metro) tickets cost Euro 1.50. Tickets are valid for 100 minutes or for 1 metro trip. You can buy tickets in the train stations, in the underground stations or in many newspaper or tobacco shops. Weekly or touristic travelcards are also available. Additional information on public transport available at ATAC website.
- Fiumicino Airport;
- Italian Railway Company (Trenitalia);
- Public transports (Official page ATAC).