The conference will be held at Biotechnology Department of the University of Torino.
The address is Via Nizza 52, Torino, 150 m distant from the nearest Metro station (Nizza). The Nizza Metro station is 2 stops from the city center (Torino Porto Nuova Metro station).
Torino is easily reached either by plane, train, bus, or car.
For those arriving by plane: the local airport is the Torino Caselle International Airport, located 16 km from the center of the city and connected to major european hubs. City center (Torino Città) can be reached from the airport by bus (SADEM), by Taxi, or by train (GTT).
- The bus service connects the airport with different part of the city. The two main stops are Porta Susa and Porta Nuova train stations. The ticket for the bus can be purchased at the machine near the exit door of the airport. The cost is of 6.50 euros for one way. The ticket can be purchased also on-board with an extra fee of 1.00 euros. The bus frequency is of about 15 min. The timetable is available here (http://www.sadem.it/media/6355/000268.pdf).
- The taxi stops is located at the arrivals level. The taxi cost about 35 euros and the travel time is approximately 30 min.
- The railway station is located few meters away in front of the airport terminal. The timetables are available here (http://www.gtt.to.it/cms/risorse/ferrovie/oraripdf/FTC.pdf). The trains stop at the Torino Dora railway station. The connections with other train stations are guaranteed by the local transport services (i.e., the 52 bus for the Porta Nuova train stations). The connections can be checked here (http://www.gtt.to.it/cms/percorari/urbano?view=percorsi&bacino=U&linea=SF1&Regol=OR)
If you are arriving from overseas, you may consider Milano Malpensa Airport, or Milano Linate Airport, from which Torino can be reached by bus or train.
- From Milano Malpensa Airport: a bus connection is guaranteed from the SADEM company (http://www.sadem.it/media/5191/000020.pdf). The cost is of 22 euros for one way. Alternatively from Malpensa airport, one can reach the Milano Centrale train station by bus (several companies) from where direct trains to Torino are available from both Trenitalia and Italo services.
- From Milano Linate Airport: one can reach the Milano Centrale train station by bus from where direct trains to Torino are available from both Trenitalia and Italo services.
More touristic and transport information can be found here.
In case you need a visa (general information here) and you need support please email LOC by clicking this link.
LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS:
The hotels listed below are located near and in between the Nizza Metro station and Torino Porto Nuova Metro station. They can be booked through various travel websites, directly through the hotel websites (i.e., the Best Western hotels), or by contacting the hotels directly. Locals (in Italy) can also call the hotels directly.
Piazza Nizza, 83 Bis, 10126 Turín
Casa Belfiore B&B (350 m) (60 € Single Room----65 € Double room)
Via Belfiore,70, 10126 Turín
Via Ilarione Petitti, 18, 10126 Turín
Best Western Plus Executive Hotel and Suites (600 m) (125 € Single room----137 € Double room)
Via Nizza, 28, 10125 Turín
Residence Nizza (650 m) (70 € Single room----100 € Double room)
Via Nizza, 26, 10125 Turín
Best Western Hotel Piemontese (1400 m) (60 € Single room----63 € Double room)
Via Berthollet, 21, 10125 Turín
Apart Hotel Torino (1400 m) (100 € Single room----100 € Double room)
Via Sant'Anselmo, 18, 10125 Turín
Best Western Hotel Genio (1500 m) (96 € Single room----134 € Double room)
Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 47, 10125 Turín