How to reach RomeBy flights: the main airport is Leonardo Da Vinci in Fiumicino, about 30 kilometres southwest of the city. The other airport is Ciampino, where most domestic, and some international flights arrive. It lies about 15 kilometres southeast of the city centre.
From Fiumicino airport to city centre (and backwards):
- Direct Train "Leonardo Express" to Roma Termini Railway Station (14 euros). Departure every 30 minutes. Time: 35 minutes. From Roma Termini Railway take the metro B towards Laurentina and get off at Basilica di San Paolo.
- Local Train to Roma Tiburtina Railway Station. Trains connecting Fiumicino Aeroporto to Fara Sabina / Orte, stops in all intermediate stations (8 euros). We suggest you to get off at Roma Ostiense station. Trains every 30 minutes about. Time: 45 minutes. From Roma Ostiense Railway take the metro B towards Laurentina and get off at Basilica di San Paolo.
- Taxi: ~ 40 euros.
- Several companies of shuttle bus (ATRAL, Terravision, SitShuttle) connect Ciampino airport and Roma Termini Railway Station, in the centre of Rome. There is no big difference between the service and the price (4-6 €) of each company. If you land in Ciampino, the best option is just going to the square in front of the airport and buying the ticket of the bus which looks ready to leave.
How to reach Roma Tre University?Once in Rome, the easiest way to reach Roma Tre University is to take the metro B underground towards Laurentina and get off at Basilica di San Paolo station. Then follow this path to reach the Aula Magna del Rettorato.
Plenary and parallel sessions will be host in two different buildings of the University. The Aula Magna will be employed both for plenary and parallel sessions. Other parallel sessions will be host in rooms A3-A8. Have a look at the picture below for the (very short) path between the two buildings.
- Informations about bus, tram and metro services in Rome are availabe at this link
BIT - Integrated Time Ticket 1.50€
CIS - Integrated Weekly Ticket 24.00€
ROMA 24H hour Ticket 7.00€
ROMA 48H hour Ticket 12.50€
ROMA 72H hour Ticket 18.00€
- Path from Basilica San Paolo metro B station to Aula Magna del Rettorato (link)