The Physics Department is within "Sapienza University" campus, located in Piazzale Aldo Moro 2, within walking distance from the Rome Central Railway Station (Termini Station).
How to reach us:
- from Termini Station walking ~15 minutes or by bus "310" or "492"
from Tiburtina Station walking ~25 minutes or by bus "492" or "71"
From Fiumicino Airport to Rome by train: Fiumicino Airport is connected to Rome by a railway service on two possible paths:
- Fiumicino Airport - Roma Termini no-stop ("Leonardo Express")
- Fiumicino Airport - Roma Tiburtina ("Treno regionale" arriving from Fara Sabina with stops at Roma Trastevere and Roma Ostiense).
The Leonardo Express runs every 30 minutes and takes about 30 minutes from/to the airport. The ticket costs 14 euro and can be purchased online, or at station counters, and at newspaper kiosks in Termini and at the airport.
Warning: The train from Termini to Fiumicino airport often leaves from track 26 or 27, which are quite far from the station entrance; we advise to take 5-10 minutes more into account.
The regional train from Roma Tiburtina to Fiumicino airport (and back) runs every 20 minutes and takes about 45 minutes, the ticket costs 8 euro and can be purchased either at Tiburtina Train Station or at the Airport Train Terminal.
From Fiumicino Airport to Rome by taxi: the cost is 48 euro (fixed price, baggage included) to Sapienza main campus and nearby hotels. The cost for other destinations in the city center depends on traffic and is ~50-60 Euro. Taxi cabs are white and are identified by the sign “TAXI” on the car top and by the ID licence number.
From Ciampino Airport to Rome: Ciampino Airport is the budget airline and charter flight airport, located 15 km (9 miles) from Rome city centre.
Airport Transfer to Termini railway station are available outside the departures terminal:
- Terravision, one-way ticket costs ~6 Euro (journey time: 40 Minutes)
- Bus Shuttle, one-way ticket costs ~6 Euro (journey time: 40 Minutes)
Accommodation OptionsSince June is high-season time, we suggest to reserve the hotel much in advance.
- Hotel Villa San Lorenzo
- Best Western Hotel Globus
- Hotel Laurentia
- Hotel Athena
- More options, bed&breakfasts, and other cheaper accommodation can be found on AirBnB
Food OptionsSapienza campus is located in the lively neighborhood of "San Lorenzo", which is filled with cafes, osterias, pizzerias, and restaurants. For lunch, many options are located in Via degli Irpini or in Via dei Marrucini.
- Osteria Rouge
- Bar delle Scienze (Via dei Liburni @ Via dei Ramni)
Restaurants & Pizzerie
- Osteria Rouge
- Pizzeria Formula Uno
- La Mucca Bischera
- Porca Vacca
- +39 3570
- +39 8822