The European Advanced Accelerator Concepts Workshop has the mission to discuss and foster methods of beam acceleration with gradients beyond state of the art in operational facilities. The most cost effective and compact methods for generating high energy particle beams shall be reviewed and assessed. This includes diagnostics methods, timing technology, special need for injectors, beam matching, beam dynamics with advanced accelerators and development of adequate simulations.
This workshop is organized in the context of the EU-funded European Network for Novel Accelerators (EuroNNAc2), that includes 52 Research Institutes and universities, and is endorsed by the International Committee for Future Accelerators (ICFA) via the panel on Advanced and Novel Accelerators (ANA).
The 2nd EAAC will be followed by a 1-day EuroNNAC2 network meeting by invitation only.
- High gradient and multibunch acceleration in metallic structures (C-X-band and beyond) with innovative power generation schemes
- Plasma accelerators driven by modern lasers
- Plasma accelerators driven by electron beams
- Plasma accelerators driven by proton beams
- Dielectric structures and other novel technologies
- Novel schemes using advanced technologies (table-top FEL, plasma linear collider, ...)
- Computations for Accelerator Physics Advanced beam diagnostics for beams and plasma
- Laser technology for advanced accelerators
Workshop Organizing Committe
Ralph Assmann (DESY, Germany), co-chair
Massimo Ferrario (INFN - LNF, Italy), co-chair
Bernhard Holzer (CERN, Switzerland)
Jens Osterhoff (DESY, Germany)
Andrei Seryi (University of Oxford, UK)
Arnd Specka (Ecole Polytechnique, France)