The International School "Francesco Romano" on Nuclear, Subnuclear and Astroparticle Physics is targeted particularly at young postdocs and PhD students working in experimental High Energy Physics and phenomenology.
According to its tradition, scientific and applicative topics will both be covered. Besides lectures in high energy theoretical and experimental Physics, training in proposals for EU projects and for outreach projects will be offered.
One of the main purposes of the school is to stimulate the interactions between the young attendants and the lecturers. Therefore afternoon sessions will be devoted to discussions and a dedicated session for the talks of the students will also be organized.
The 2023 edition will be devoted to the following topics:
- Higgs Physics (Abdelhak Djouadi)
- Heavy-Ion Physics (Federico Antinori)
- Flavour Physics-Theory (Guido Martinelli)
- Flavour Physics -Experiment (Fabio Ambrosino)
- Ultra-High-Energy Cosmic Rays and Multi-messenger (Karl-Heinz Kampert)
- Vertex Detectors (Daniela Bortoletto)
- Vertexing and Tracking (Jochen Klein)
- EU Projects (Attilio Sequi)
A public seminar will be held by the INFN President Prof. Antonio Zoccoli.