The main objective of the MAYORANA (Multi-Aspect Young ORiented Advanced Neutrino Academy) School&Workshop is to promote a collaborative framework of young and senior researchers from the fields of nuclear, particle and astroparticle neutrino physics to discuss theories and experiments in which interdisciplinary aspects are particularly relevant.
The event will be hosted in the wonderful town of Modica (Sicily-Italy) at the historical Palazzo Grimaldi. The School will take place in July from July 4 to 11 2023 and the Workshop from July 12 to 14.
The School is addressed to doctoral students, post-doctoral fellows and young researchers from worldwide and is limited to 50 participants. The School activities will consist of 40 hours organized in lectures, dedicated sessions through posters and mini-talks presented by the students and face-to-face discussions with the professors. Prizes will be awarded to the best mini-talks and posters. The students are also invited to attend the Workshop gaining the opportunity to know about the most advanced studies in the field.
The Workshop will take place just after the School. The aim is to connect researchers from different communities in order to discuss recent results and challenges of modern neutrino physics.
Contributions, including posters, will be published, after peer review, in indexed journals.
- Double beta decay
- Nuclear structure in connection with neutrino physics
- Neutrino nucleus interactions at low and high energy
- Nuclear reactions for weak interactions
- Supernova models and detection of supernovae neutrinos
- Solar models
- Direct and undirect dark matter searches
- Rare beta decay of nuclei for neutrino mass measurement
- Neutrino oscillation and matter effect
- Anomalies in reactor neutrinos
- Ultra high energy astroparticle neutrinos
- New related detection technologies
- Artificial intelligence for DAQ and data analysis
The MAYORANA School&Workshop is jointly organized by Fondazione Grimaldi, Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare and University of Catania.
More information about the School&Workshop are at the following links:
If you want to attend both events please register using both links!