DS-20k Material Meeting Minutes 21/09/2021 (L.Luzzi)
1. Status of the assay campaign (Krzysztof).
- Today checked again numbers received from daria of epoxy measured in Boulby: it doesn’t seem very clean;
- Saverio received the connectors sent by Iza (semifinal batch): Ge screening will be the first measure and then ICPMS;
- the connectors sent before holidays are arrived in Kracow;
- Krzysztof keeps in touch with Saverio to send as much as he can to LNGS, and there people do their best to assay it;
- it is important to put an entry in the spreadshit that Krzysztof prepeared, when we have a new sample to be shipped or a measure to be performed. Krzysztof handles this.
2. The plane for the P.O (Roberto).
Need to organize interaction for the purchase of the materials. It is better if somebody takes charge of this: make the order, assay samples, verify if the the results of an assay meet the requirements. Interact with the other working groups about radiopurity aspect is also important. Good name for this is Iza, but she will be not alone. Let's continue the discussion next week.
3. Material composition and verification.
(Vicente) The validation sheets are in place. The idea is that each of the responsible identified by Vicente verifies the items in the list, total numbers, masses…
4. R.A. neutron budget (Maxim): some updates in the input numbers.
5. Uncertainty of neutron yields - Status and Plans: next week can discuss this in detail. We should redo for plan C what Gosia did for plan A and determine the impact of material composition on the uncertainty.
5. Surface contamination. It’s clear that we have to talk with other people in the collaboration to organize this item, it is not something related only to our contribution. Let’s wait some day and we talk next week to define the best strategy.
There are minutes attached to this event.