HOW TO REACH PADOVA
Like in most cities in Italy, there is an extensive network of public transportation, and an almost as extensive number of traffic and parking issues. We do not suggest you move by car.
Depending on the accommodation of your choice, moving by foot is also a very good option to enjoy the city.
Reaching Padova by PLANE
Coming from overseas, look for a connecting flight reaching Venezia from Roma (Rome) or some other convenient European airport, like e.g. London Heathrow, Frankfurt am Main or Paris Charles De Gaulle. On the contrary, avoid flying to Milano (Milan): from Milano, you have a bus ride of about 1 hour after the customs in order to reach the railway station; and then a 2 or 3 hours ride by train to Padova.
From the Venezia airport you can choose:
- From the Airport (Piazzale Stazione, on the east side of the railway station) there are frequent bus connections to Padova by BUSITALIA Veneto. You can check the timetable inserting "VENEZIA AEROPORTO MARCO POLO TESSERA" in the "Fermate di Partenza" field and "PADOVA AUTOSTAZIONE" in the "Fermate di arrivo" field)
- Bus + train service - Route 15 of the local Venetian ACTV bus service offers a bus every 30 minutes from the airport to Venezia-Mestre railway station (20 minutes ride). From Venezia-Mestre there are 2 or 3 trains for hour to Padova (20-30 minutes ride).
- The Limousine Service Air Service (Reservation by e-mail or by tel. ++39-049-8704425) or by the website. Please note that the reservation must be made at least 24 hours before your arrival, indicating date, time and flight number. Fare: about 33,00 Euro per person to Padova since it is a collective service the cost can change according the total number of people
- The Limousine Service Landomas (Reservation via e-mail or by tel. ++39-049-8600382) or by the website. Please note that the reservation must be made at least 24 hours before your arrival, indicating date, time and flight number. Fare: about 30 Euro per person to Padova since it is a collective service the cost can change according the total number of people
- Taxi - There is also a Radiotaxi service (Tel. +39-041.595.2080) for a direct transfer from airport to Padova, howewer this is the most expensive solution.
Reaching Padova by TRAIN
Padova is both on the Venezia-Milano-Torino and on the Venezia-Roma train routes; many trains are available. You can check times and prices on the Trenitalia website.
First and second class are available; for fast trains a supplement is required, and in some cases a seat reservation is mandatory: so, specify which train you are going to board when asking for a ticket. All tickets (both round-trip and one way) have a validity of 2 months; before boarding the train, it is mandatory to validate them by using the yellow machines located on the platforms and throughout the station: penalties are applied to the infringers.