May 24 – 26, 2018
Università degli Studi Roma Tre
Europe/Rome timezone

Visa informations

Foreigner delegates who need a visa to enter Italy must provide the certification required to justify the reasons and duration of their stay as well as, in specific cases, the availability of adequate economic means and lodging. 

To find out whether you need a visa or not, please visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. 

Should it be your case, application for a “Study” visa can be submitted at the Italian Diplomatic and Consular Representations in your country of residence. On the above mentioned website, you will also find all documents needed to apply, and the procedures to follow. 

Please note that you will need a formal invitation letter from the Conference Local Organizing Committee that justifies your need to enter Italy. Send a request mailing to:
(Note: for the invitation letter, a copy of your passport and the fee payment are required! This means you should pay the fee via bank transfer or on the dedicated web page via credit card.)

Please be aware that, in order for the LOC to issue the letter, you must provide a copy of your passport, details on your stay in Italy (arrival and departure dates) and the hotel where you will be accommodated.

When entering Italy, even if you have already obtained a visa, the border authorities are entitled to check the certification required for obtaining the visa. 

Pursuant to article 4, paragraph 2 of Consolidated Text no. 286/98 and subsequent amendments, along with the issuance of your visa, you will receive a written communication from the diplomatic or consular authority explaining all rights and obligations deriving from your entrance and stay in Italy.