How to reach the “Istituto Veneto di Scienze, Lettere ed Arti”
“Palazzo Franchetti” is located in Campo S. Stefano near Piazza San Marco.
From Marco Polo Airport
For those arriving by plane at Marco Polo Airport which is located about 13 km from Venice the easiest way to reach Venice is by sea.
ALILAGUNA is a public water taxi company which offers a service (the Lancione) that goes from the airport to "Calle Vallaresso", near Piazza San Marco, which is at a walking distance from the "Istituto Veneto di Scienze, Lettere ed Arti". The crossing takes abt. 1 hour 10 minutes. The Lancione connects more or less with all flights. The ticket for this boat (Lancione) costs € 13,00 and can be purchased at the ALILAGUNA taxi stand at the end of the arrival hall (opening hours: from 8 am to 11.30 pm).
For the timetable, please, see: www.alilaguna.it
You can also take a private water taxi from the airport directly to your final destination (about € 100,00 for 1-4 people).
From the airport you can also take:
- the public Bus (ATVO), Line 35 (the cost is € 3,00) to Piazzale Roma
- a land private taxi to Piazzale Roma (about € 40,00) and from there catch a public boat (Vaporetto) to the stop closest to your final destination
From the Central Rail Station
For those arriving by train at the Railway Station or by car at the parking garage at Piazzale Roma, there are several possibilities:
Vaporetto or Private "water taxi"
- To go directly to the "Istituto Veneto di Scienze, Lettere ed Arti" one can take the Vaporetto a/B>(ACTV), Line 1 or Line 2 (€ 6.50) and stop at "Accademia". It runs every 10 minutes from 7:00 until 21:00 and every 20/30 minutes, afterwards. From there you have to cross the "Ponte dell'Accademia" and on your right you will find “Palazzo Franchetti”.
- private water taxi from the Railway Station to your final destination (about € 70,00).
- If you prefer to walk you can follow this itinerary